Friday, January 1, 2010

Jan 2010



It is officially 2010. Happy New Year my dear friends. I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday season. I've been thinking quite a bit in the past 24 hours, doing a quick recap for myself on the past year. There has been so many things that have happened. Some mistakes, but no regrets. Some advances and some set backs. But everything that has happened has been a learning experience for me and my family. I was thinking about some resolutions and here they are for me.

Personal Resolutions:

I hope to wake up everyday with motivation to take care of myself, my family and my friends. With two girls I know there will be trying times but I hope that I can establish a routine and enjoy moments with each of the girls instead of being frustrated or overwhelmed.

Family Resolutions

Myself and Shane are setting out on a budget. We would like to have some money saved up by next Christmas so that we can put it towards our wedding or a family vacation sometime in the future.

We also would like to invest some time each week to take Isabelle somewhere. Whether it is to the pool to go swimming, or just to the park. Both of us as parents would like to have a few moments of each week to dedicate to our girls individually.

I also have more goals that I would like to lay out but until I get them organized I don't really want to say them.

I have a month to prepare for Abby's arrival. This means a month to get the bedroom ready and a month to get all the clothes organized, a month to get rid of the things that we don't necessarily need and a month to prepare myself mentally for being a mother of two. I don't think you can really get prepared until she's here but I am a lot more laid back this pregnancy about Abby's arrival. Last time I was so nervous about handling another life I didn't get to enjoy much. This time I've been so laid back I feel like time has slipped through my fingers.

We got some family pictures done tonight at my parents house. Just a little something to remind us of the beginning of 2010. I wonder what the pics are going to look like towards the end of this year.

Anyways thats all for today. I'm sorry for the random order. As you can tell I am not an organized thinker, I just sort of throw things down as I'm thinking them.

No comments:

Post a Comment